Welcome to Upon Butterfly Wings (UBW). My name is Lucy and I am Mum to Bobby (‘09), my rainbow daughter and I am the Founder of Upon Butterfly Wings.
UBW was founded in October 2011 and has donated thousands of knitted, crocheted and sewn burial clothing, blankets, cribs and teddies to hospitals, mortuaries and bereavement services across the UK. These items have been specially designed and made for all babies who have sadly passed away; whether that be through early miscarriage, premature birth, stillbirth, or neonatal death.
I have suffered three losses in total. My son Bobby was born sleeping at 22+2 weeks on Friday the 3rd of July 2009, my second; a 6 week loss in 2012 and most recently; a missed miscarriage in January 2019.
Upon Butterfly Wings is in memory of my babies and for all the babies who didn’t make it but whom we will never forget.
- If you can knit or crochet, please click HERE for more details.
- If you wish to donate your wedding dress or you wish to volunteer to become a seamstress, please click HERE.
- To view photos of all of the wonderful items received by our volunteers, please visit our FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM pages.
- If you are a parent who is newly bereaved or from long ago, please click HERE to view our Bereavement Packs and our Keepsakes.
- To view photos of all of our donations made to parents, please click HERE.
- If you work for the NHS or other bereavement services please click HERE for full details on how we can help you.
- To view photos of all of the donations made to bereavement services, please click HERE.