UBW accept donations of wedding, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.
Clothing made from donated dresses are donated as bereavement packs to hospitals, mortuaries, funeral directors and to children’s hospices and will also be used in our Emergency Packs sent directly to parents.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER SEAMSTRESS
We are in need of volunteer seamstress’ around the UK to transform donated wedding, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses into burial gowns for babies who have been born too small to survive or who have sadly died during the neonatal period.
- We will send you a welcome pack and a range of patterns most suitable to us.
- You must have a read through this pack and sign the agreement if you wish to proceed any further.
- You are free to test run in your own time, to make sure that you are comfortable in volunteering for us.
- Consent forms within the pack must be returned to us before we can provide you with a dress.
- As a wedding dress has a huge sentimental value to its owner and as it is our name attached to the gowns, we need to be able to form a bond with our volunteers and so we require your permission for your personal details to be kept on our records.
- We shall not share your details with anyone else apart from the person who is donating their dress to you.
- We require volunteers all over the UK. We try our best to match up our volunteers with dresses which are most local to them; meaning that you must be comfortable and able to either meet with the person donating their dress, or for us to give them your address for them to post the dress directly to you.
- It is your responsibility to provide all materials other than a dress to work with (embellishments, ribbons, threads etc), and to cover the cost of posting the items made from the dress to us.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further, please complete the form below or write to us at PO Box 1302, Crawley RH10 0NU