UBW accept donations of wedding, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.
Clothing made from donated dresses are donated as bereavement packs to hospitals, mortuaries, funeral directors and to children’s hospices and will also be used in our Emergency Packs sent directly to parents.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR DRESS TO OUR PO BOX ADDRESS AND DO NOT POST YOUR DRESS WITHOUT SPEAKING TO US FIRST.
HOW TO DONATE YOUR DRESS
- We accept wedding, bridesmaids, flower girl and ball gowns of any colour. We CAN NOT take dresses which are RED and DARK YELLOW
- We can accept black dresses and dark blue/navy as these can be used as waistcoats or trousers on the boy outfits made from other dresses.
- We can only accept dresses in good condition with no yellowing stains or which have not been stored in a smokers environment.
- We ask our seamstress to take a photo of your dress upon arrival but if you can take a photo before sending, please do and email it to us.
- Please make sure that when you send your dress you include your name, postal and email address. We have a limited amount of seamstresses and therefore the waiting list can take up to six months.
- Please do not post your dress to the PO Box address. Once you have reached the top of the waiting list, we will contact you with the name and address of your seamstress to post or deliver your dress to.
- Once your dress is with a seamstress please wait patiently as it can take a few months to fully transform your dress.
- Once your dress has been transformed, we will email you with photos and these will be uploaded to our Facebook and Instagram accounts and here on our website.
- We can not guarantee you a seamstress in your local area as we are at present a small group, so you may be required to cover the cost of postage to your allocated seamstress. Please keep this in mind before offering us your dress.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further, please complete the form below or write to us at PO Box 1302, Crawley RH10 0NU